WHO WE ARE
Stuzo helps Everyday Spend Retailers Know and Activate™ more customers and data in real-time, leading to more visits, more gallons, and bigger baskets. Our Open Commerce® product suite consists of: Activate for Intelligent 1:1 Loyalty, Transact for Contactless Commerce, and Experience for Cross-Channel Digital Storefronts. Stuzo’s managed software services empower retailers to operationalize programs powered by Open Commerce and bring to market custom loyalty, commerce, and mobile storefront solutions.
VALUES WE EMBRACE AND YOU EMBODY
We unlock our greatest power by embracing vulnerability and our differences.
We prioritize business impact and results over output.
We execute to the highest standard with discipline and rigor.
We persevere to achieve the seemingly impossible.
We stay one step ahead and improve more than anyone else.
Stuzo’s people and culture are the foundation for our success and performance. Our values and leadership principles align our teams on how we trust one another, how we make decisions, and how all members of our team are empowered and expected to lead.
Why You’ll Love Working at Stuzo
Stuzo has a unique Way of Working. We call it Stuzo’s WOW and it helps us operate according to our culture.
Fundamental to Stuzo’s WOW is the belief in Team Chemistry. Team Chemistry is a way of communicating and working together in a manner where we leverage each other’s strengths and support each other with activities that are harder for one than they are for another. Team Chemistry empowers us to cultivate each team member to utilize their strengths in order to not only meet our enterprise goals but their personal and professional growth goal as well combine our strengths together in a manner where we achieve multiples more together than we could individually.
You will enjoy Stuzo’s friendly and flexible culture, and embrace our relentless drive to excellence and goal of providing the #1 retail marketing platform in the fuel & convenience industry and beyond.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Data Engineer to join our team and help us build the next generation of data tools for our retail and commerce loyalty platform. The ideal candidate will have a passion for tackling complex challenges related to extracting insights from transactional data. In this role, you will work closely with our Application Development teams, Customer Support, Business SMEs, and stakeholders to design and implement data pipelines that transform our data into valuable insights. As we strive to scale and deploy new technologies that enhance the user experience and provide deeper insights, your expertise will be critical to our success.
Responsibilities + Activities
- Explores and documents new sources of data.
- Adds and maintains schemas for elements of the Open Commerce data lake.
- Develops and tests data pipelines using PySpark.
- Creates notebooks and configures jobs for running data pipelines on Databricks.
- Collaborates with the team to ensure quality, consistency, and performance of all pipelines across the entire data platform.
- Assists customer support with the implementation of technically challenging data lake
- Prepare and support internal documentation for the data lake.
Experience & Skills You’ll Need
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Self motivated, ability to work as collaborative member of a team
- Experience working with data in databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT data pipelines and best practices
- Experience coding and testing with Python
- Knowledge of Spark and Structured Streaming
- Experience working with Spark orchestration platforms such as Databricks
- Experience with project and bug-tracking systems like Jira
- Experience with Scrum processes.
Our credo is a simple one: heightened team chemistry drives competitive advantage. And we think we can excel the most if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the millions of consumers who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin. While we’re headquartered in Philadelphia, we’ve evolved to a “Remote First” approach to work and do not see being in the office or living in the Philadelphia area as a requirement.