WHO WE ARE
Stuzo helps Everyday Spend Retailers Know and Activate™ more customers and data in real-time, leading to more visits, more gallons, and bigger baskets. Our Open Commerce® product suite consists of: Activate for Intelligent 1:1 Loyalty, Transact for Contactless Commerce, and Experience for Cross-Channel Digital Storefronts. Stuzo’s managed software services empower retailers to operationalize programs powered by Open Commerce and bring to market custom loyalty, commerce, and mobile storefront solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking a Data Engineer to join our team and help us build the next generation of data tools for our retail and commerce loyalty platform. The ideal candidate will have a passion for tackling complex challenges related to extracting insights from transactional data. In this role, you will work closely with our Application Development teams, Customer Support, Business SMEs, and stakeholders to design and implement data pipelines that transform our data into valuable insights. As we strive to scale and deploy new technologies that enhance the user experience and provide deeper insights, your expertise will be critical to our success.
- Explore and document new sources of data
- Add and maintain schemas for elements of the Open Commerce data lake
- Develop and test data pipelines using PySpark
- Creates notebooks and configures jobs for running data pipelines on Databricks
- Collaborates with the team to ensure quality, consistency, and performance of all pipelines across the entire data platform
- Assists customer support with the implementation of technically challenging data lake
- Prepare and support internal documentation for the data lake.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of experience working with data in databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working with PySpark and Structured Streaming
- 2+ years of experience working with PySpark orchestration platforms such as Databricks or AWS Glue
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential
- Experience coding and testing with Python
- Self motivated, ability to work as a collaborative member of a team
WOULD BE AN ADVANTAGE
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT data pipelines and best practices
- Experience with project and bug-tracking systems like Jira
- Experience with Scrum processes
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Long-term employment;
- Competitive compensation with regular performance based salary and career development reviews;
- 22 working days of vacation per year;
- 8 paid sick leave working days per year;
- Health insurance programme;
- Flexible working hours;
- Sponsored company educational program, corporate library;
- Funny celebrations, team outings and company events;
- Unique and friendly environment where everyone can explore and learn new technologies.