Come join us as we scale our retail and commerce loyalty platform! Stuzo is looking for a senior technology leader to take the helm of our growing infrastructure team that works to power our Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform.
Open Commerce is a technology suite that enables marketing professionals in the fuel & convenience industry to create real-time, hyper-personalized offers and customer interactions across a variety of channels (mobile, web, SMS, and in-person) to drive customer behavior toward a desired goal.
Our technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform. Our platform services and applications are built using a broad swath of technologies (Typescript, Node.js, Ruby, React, and others), interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes (via EKS).
Our infrastructure team is responsible for empowering our product engineering group to rapidly deploy applications and services built on a variety of application runtimes, and helping us build and expand a strong DevOps culture across the Open Commerce platform team.
Stuzo has its headquarters in center city Philadelphia, and leverages a diverse distributed product engineering and operations team across the United States and Ukraine. Stuzo offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, as well as an engineering-friendly and product-centric culture. On Stuzo’s Open Commerce team, we embrace a deeply collaborative software product process where engineering, design, and product collaborate to shape and ship new functionality.
Successful candidates will enjoy Stuzo’s friendly and flexible culture, and embrace our relentless drive to excellence and goal of providing the #1 retail marketing platform in the fuel & convenience industry and beyond.
- Manage a team of 2-5 infrastructure engineers based domestically and/or in one of our Ukraine offices.
- Drive the ongoing implementation and design of our Kubernetes platform infrastructure as we look to rapidly expand and scale our customer base, ultimately powering tens of thousands of fuel & convenience retail sites, tens of millions of loyalty program members, and hundreds of millions of financial and loyalty point transactions every month.
- Reporting to the VP of Technology & Engineering, collaborate closely with the product engineering team and CTO to ensure the Open Commerce platform infrastructure empowers us to reach the business objectives of Stuzo and our customers, both today and in the future.
- Empower our Platform Services team in customer rollouts.
- Support our global operations team as an escalation point, and assist and manage planned availability for incident response via a pager rotation.
- Maintain needed documentation and organization of our infrastructure and systems, and work closely with Stuzo’s operations team to support internal budgeting and regulatory (PCI and SOC 2) efforts.
- 10+ years as hands-on software technologist
- 2+ years as a direct technical and people leader in the devops/infrastructure space
- Exposure to and experience operating Kubernetes deployments at significant scale
- Expert-level experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers
- Experience as a leader on a team operating highly-available, highly-scaled applications for enterprise customers
- Experience with service-oriented platform architectures
- Strong sensibility for “keeping it simple”, and an ability to manage systems complexity by utilizing the simplest tool for a given job
- Practical experience optimizing DevOps processes, influencing organizational adoption of DevOps and continuous-deployment culture, production systems, and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong interpersonal and people-management skills, coupled with excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfort and experience with interacting with internal senior management as well as counterparts in customer organizations
- Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries
- Experience leading distributed teams
- Local to Stuzo HQ in center city Philadelphia, PA