Who we are
Stuzo helps Everyday Spend Retailers Know and Activate™ more customers and data in real-time, leading to more visits, more gallons, and bigger baskets. Stuzo’s Open Commerce® product suite consists of: Activate for Intelligent 1:1 Loyalty, Transact for Contactless Commerce, and Experience for Cross-Channel Digital Storefronts. Stuzo’s managed software services empower retailers to operationalize programs powered by Open Commerce and bring to market custom loyalty, commerce, and mobile storefront solutions.
Come join us as we scale our retail and commerce loyalty platform! Stuzo is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect to take the lead on helping our customers understand how our technology will fit into their IT ecosystem, into their martech stack, and will help them achieve their targeted business outcomes.
Our Enterprise Solutions Architect is a customer-facing enterprise-wide role with broad technical skills, an expert level knowledge of our Open Commerce products and digital infrastructure, deep industry knowledge, and strong business acumen. The Enterprise Solutions Architect reports to a Stuzo executive team member and supports Stuzo Sales and Customer Success teams in developing Open Commerce value propositions that align with our retail customers’ business strategies on digital transformation, customer engagement, and profitable net incremental lift in store sales.
The Enterprise Solutions Architect is a subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: business strategy, application architecture, data & information, integration, security & compliance, mobile and cross-channel engagement technologies, retail technology ecosystems (i.e., point of sale, back office / inventory management, CRM/CDP, etc.) and analytics. The Enterprise Solutions Architect is expected to have strong consultative sales skills and will engage with customers directly to collaboratively define customer digital transformation journeys as it applies to leveraging Stuzo’s Open Commerce products and services.
Stuzo has its headquarters in center city Philadelphia, and leverages a diverse distributed product engineering and operations team across the United States and Eastern Europe. Stuzo offers competitive compensation and benefits. On Stuzo’s Open Commerce team, we embrace a deeply collaborative software product process where engineering, design, and product collaborate to shape and ship new functionality.
Successful candidates will enjoy Stuzo’s friendly and flexible culture, and embrace our relentless drive to excellence and goal of providing the #1 retail marketing platform in the fuel & convenience industry and beyond.
- Understand customer needs, challenges, and opportunities and understand Stuzo’s products/services to help retailers understand how our solutions will:
- Guide them along their digital transformation journey to a future state,
- Make their lives easier,
- Build a foundation for future innovations, and
- Translate to positive business impact/outcomes
- Contribute in customer facing, prospect facing, and partner facing meetings as the technical lead, removing the need to have anyone from product, marketing, or engineering join those meetings (i.e. able to sell our products and services in a technical manner)
- Maintain our product demo scripts (what we say to each product, to each audience, to make our product presentations/demos personalized and relevant based on the audience’s function/role in their organization and their desired business outcome)
- Partner with internal Sales, Customer Success, and Product leaders to determine what key product features and capabilities should make it into our product demos and what specific mechanics we design for our demos that show how specifically we will help retailers achieve their targeted outcomes
- Build and maintain product-related value propositions for all targeted audiences (buyers and influencers across various departments)
- Speak to industry trends, Stuzo’s vision, and Stuzo’s Open Commerce product suite at industry-related conferences and summits (i.e., Outlook Leadership, NACS, NRF, etc.)
- Serve as a bridge between product and sales to help product understand what is appealing/missing from our technology through the eyes of the technical representatives at our prospects and/or customers
- Clearly articulate business architecture (mission/vision, capability models, capability assessments) and technical architecture (current and future state diagrams, solution best practices, reference architectures, design patterns)
- Assist Sales and Customer Success teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
- Share experiences and learnings with internal audiences across Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing to add to and enrich Stuzo’s collective IP
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- 6+ years experience in either software, system or enterprise architecture disciplines
- 2+ years in a pre-sales role or customer-facing consultative role
- Able to understand business requirements in an RFP and design a logical architecture diagram, along with a flow for a demo, that meets the needs of the prospect, removing the need for engineering team to be involved in our RFPs, RFIs, or RFQs
- Understanding of and ability to navigate a product innovation framework, thinking through product feature recommendations via the intersection of customer desirability, commercial viability, and technical feasibility
- Understanding of and ability to discuss architecture and principles of modern cloud platforms including SaaS, service-based architectures, IT integrations, martech stacks, and digital payments orchestration
- Understanding of enterprise application integration technologies as well as process orchestration, master data management, analytics and insights, artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.
- Understanding of security and compliance processes and of principles of network, application and information security (at Stuzo, we are PCI DSS Level 1 certified compliant and SOC 2 Type 2 readiness pending)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a balanced demeanor (see More about Stuzo below)
- Experience in the fuel & convenience industry and/or related everyday spend category retail (such as Dollar, Grocery, Restaurant/QSR)
The impact you’ll make
- Engender trust and confidence with key influencers and decision-makers that are part of the buying process at Stuzo’s customers
- Help Stuzo’s retail customers understand the business impact that our products and solutions will have on their organization
- Assist our Sales and Customer Success teams in closing and/or renewing multi-year enterprise SaaS Open Commerce agreements
- Discover new business challenges and opportunities from your collaborative working relationships with Stuzo’s retail customers that in turn helps to inform Stuzo’s Open Commerce product roadmap
More about Stuzo
At Stuzo, we share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. This means we only hire nice, bright, fun people who work hard by default, due to their motivation and passion for their craft.
Our credo is a simple one: heightened team chemistry drives competitive advantage. And we think we can excel the most if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, background, and culture as the millions of consumers who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
And while we’re headquartered in Philadelphia, we’re evolving to a “Flexible First” approach to work and do not see being in the office every day a requirement. Several of Stuzo’s Leaders (your future peers, we hope) are partially remote.
Stuzo is a certified Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE®).