Stuzo is looking for a Node.js Engineer to join our growing Delivery team in our Ukraine. In this role, you’ll be working hand-in-hand with our senior Technical Project Managers as they work directly with customers and with internal team members, to define, design, and deliver software solutions for some of the world’s largest brands. You’ll participate in the full product lifecycle, from ideation through strategy, design, engineering, delivery, ongoing innovation, and maintenance and support.
- Working with the team, design and implement new functionality based on product objectives and requirements;
- Resolving technical debt on a regular base (usually we spent 20% of sprint time to decrease tech dept);
- Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as resolve bugs and execute technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform;
- Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Dave & Busters platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems;
- Expand APIs and business logic, and as needed write or revise customer-facing API documentation;
- Work with our infrastructure team to enable and enhance highly-available, performant, and well-instrumented backend applications and services that run in our customer environments at substantial scale;
- Support operations and infrastructure teams for issue resolution on relevant Dave & Busters applications or services running in production environments.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Practical experience building systems in Node.js;
- At least 5 years industry experience or equivalent;
- Experience building and maintaining backend APIs, including design, implementation, evolution, and maintenance;
- Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language;
- Proficiency using a variety of database technologies, both relational and non-relational;
- Strong understanding and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing;
- Basic knowledge Docker, Docker Compose and AWS ECS;
- Familiarity with OAuth and JWT (Firebase Auth, AWS Cognito);
- An ability to work in service-based architectures;
- Highly independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work;
- The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effective automated unit tests in order to deliver high-quality system improvements;
- An ability to effectively break down larger bodies of work for delivery as a series of small, self-contained changes to the system;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience;
- Experience working in distributed teams;
- Experience with Nest.js and/or GraphQL;
- Experience with AWS.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Long-term employment;
- Competitive compensation with regular performance based salary and career development reviews;
- 22 working days of vacation per year;
- 8 paid sick leave working days per year;
- Health insurance programme;
- Flexible working hours;
- Comfortable and cozy office or full remote;
- Sponsored company educational program, corporate library, Toastmasters club;
- Funny celebrations, team outings and company events;
- Unique and friendly environment where everyone can explore and learn new technologies.
Please share with us, along with your resume and cover letter:
- Why you think you are a great fit for this job
- Your desired salary range
Please submit using the link below.