WHO WE ARE
Stuzo helps Everyday Spend Retailers Know and Activate™ more customers and data in real-time, leading to more visits, more gallons, and bigger baskets. Stuzo’s Open Commerce® product suite consists of: Activate for Intelligent 1:1 Loyalty, Transact for Contactless Commerce, and Experience for Cross-Channel Digital Storefronts. Stuzo’s managed software services empower retailers to operationalize programs powered by Open Commerce and bring to market custom loyalty, commerce, and mobile storefront solutions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Product Delivery Lead to join our growing Services Delivery team. In this role, you’ll take on the scrum Product Owner responsibilities and work closely with engineering, UX/design, QA, and DevOps team members, work directly with clients and with internal stakeholders, to define, design, and deliver software solutions for some of the world’s largest brands. You’ll participate in the full product lifecycle, from ideation through strategy, design, engineering, delivery, ongoing innovation, and maintenance and support. You’ll work across technical and non-technical teams as a bridge between business outcomes and technology.
Stuzo values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Stuzo supports Women Who Code and other organizations which work to support advancement of diverse workplaces in technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Manage the product development lifecycle from design/concepting to launch.
- Work with Stuzo’s client services team, internal operations and technology stakeholders, and engineering teams to create all project-related documents containing scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, and schedule
- Run Stuzo’s Agile design and engineering process, including roadmap and backlog management, sprint planning, standups, sprint demos and retrospectives, and more
- Manage product documentation and requirements using Confluence and Jira to ensure docs and tickets have clear acceptance criteria, are up to date, and aligned to the outcomes under your management
- Work hand-in-hand with Stuzo clients, designers, and engineering to define product technical requirements and build delivery plans, including resourcing breakdowns, burn downs (resource utilization over time), product budget management reports, and more
- Be accountable for project results, schedule, margins, budget, and deliverables
- Be accountable for preparing your team for client status presentations, review meetings, UAT sessions, delivery acceptance
- Be maniacal about the details every day
- Produce estimates required for each task in collaboration with Stuzo client services, design, DevOps, QA, and engineering teams
- Keep an eye out for risk from all angles throughout the entirety of the product lifecycle and be an effective problem solver
- Prepare effective written correspondence and present information to client and internal stakeholders
- Provide consistent and comprehensive status updates/reports on project status
- 5+ years of technical project management or product owner experience with digital products, iOS/Android mobile apps, and/or scalable web applications
- Experience with agile (scrum/kanban) development methodologies
- Experience managing and working with clients
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience building Gantt based project plans with roles, dependencies, milestones, etc.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, and facilitation skills
- Be a detail-oriented self-starter, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Be passionate about digital products and mobile technologies
- Hands-on development experience a big plus (not required)
MORE ABOUT STUZO
At Stuzo, we share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. This means we only hire nice, bright, fun people who work hard by default, due to their motivation and passion for their craft.
Our credo is a simple one: heightened team chemistry drives competitive advantage. And we think we can excel the most if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, background, and culture as the millions of consumers who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
And while we’re headquartered in Philadelphia, we’re evolving to a “Flexible First” approach to work and do not see being in the office every day a requirement. Several of Stuzo’s Leaders (your future peers, we hope) are partially remote.
Stuzo is a certified Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE®).