Come join us as we scale our retail and commerce loyalty platform! Stuzo is looking for a Ruby on Rails engineer on it’s expanding product engineering team as we build and grow our Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform.
– Working with the team, design and implement new functionality based on product objectives and requirements.
– Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems.
– Expand APIs and business logic, and as needed write or revise customer-facing API documentation.
– Work with our infrastructure team to enable and enhance highly-available, performant, and well-instrumented backend applications and services that run in our customer environments at substantial scale.
– Support operations and infrastructure teams for issue resolution on relevant Open Commerce applications or services running in production environments.
– Practical experience building systems in Ruby on Rails;
– At least 4 years industry experience or equivalent;
– Experience building and maintaining backend APIs, including design, implementation, evolution, and maintenance;
– Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language;
– Familiarity with relational and non-relational database technologies;
– Understanding of and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated tests;
– An ability to work in service-based architectures
– Independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work with limited guidance;
– The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effective automated tests to deliver high-quality system improvements;
– An ability to effectively break down larger bodies of work for delivery as a series of small, self-contained changes to the system;
– Excellent spoken and written communication skills;
– BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience.
– Experience with NodeJS and React;
– Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries;
– Experience working in distributed teams;
– Experience with Nest.js and/or GraphQL.
– Long-term employment;
– Competitive compensation with regular performance-based salary and career development reviews;
– 22 working days of vacation per year;
– 8 paid sick leave working days per year;
– Health insurance program;
– Flexible working hours;
– Sponsored company educational program, corporate library;
– Clients are Fortune 500 companies.