Come join us as we scale our retail and commerce loyalty platform! Stuzo is looking for a senior backend engineer on it’s expanding product engineering team as we build and grow our Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform.
Open Commerce is a technology suite that enables marketing professionals in the fuel & convenience industry to create real-time, hyper-personalized offers and customer interactions across a variety of channels (mobile, web, SMS, and in-person) to drive customer behavior toward a desired goal.
Our technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform. Our platform services and applications are built using a broad swath of technologies (Typescript, Node.js, Ruby, React, and others), interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes (via EKS).
Stuzo has its headquarters in center city Philadelphia, and leverages a diverse distributed product engineering and operations team across the United States and Ukraine. Stuzo offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, as well as an engineering-friendly and product-centric culture. On Stuzo’s Open Commerce team, we embrace a deeply collaborative software product process where engineering, design, and product collaborate to shape and ship new functionality.
Successful candidates will enjoy Stuzo’s friendly and flexible culture, and embrace our relentless drive to excellence and goal of providing the #1 retail marketing platform in the fuel & convenience industry and beyond.
- Working with the team, design and implement new functionality on our backend platform applications and services based on product objectives and requirements.
- Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as bugs and technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform.
- Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems.
- Expand and extend APIs and business logic, and as needed write or revise customer-facing API documentation.
- Work with our infrastructure team to enable and enhance highly-available, performant, and well-instrumented backend applications and services that run in our customer environments at substantial scale.
- Support operations and infrastructure teams for issue resolution on relevant Open Commerce applications or services running in production environments.
- Proven professional expertise with backend software engineering in Node.js or similar technologies
- API design, implementation, evolution, and maintenance
- Expertise with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language
- Proficiency using a variety of database technology, both relational and non-relational
- Strong understanding and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated tests
- Familiarity with service-based architectures and messaging bus technologies
- Highly independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work
- The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effective automated tests to deliver high-quality system improvements
- An ability to effectively break down larger bodies of work for delivery as a series of small, self-contained changes to the system
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience
- Practical experience and understanding of cloud architectures and tooling in AWS or other cloud provider
- Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Ruby/Rails experience
- Local to our HQ in Philadelphia, PA
- Experience implementing or consuming GraphQL APIs