Open Commerce is a technology suite that enables marketing professionals in the fuel & convenience industry to create real-time, hyper-personalized offers and customer interactions across a variety of channels (mobile, web, SMS, and in-person) to drive customer behavior toward a desired goal.
Our technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform. Our platform services and applications are built using a broad swath of technologies (Typescript, Node.js, Ruby, React, and others), interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm, and Kubernetes (via EKS).
● Proven professional expertise with front-end software engineering using React;
● Deep familiarity with web browsers as a platform, as well as markup, CSS, and the usability aspects of developing UIs for the web;
● Experience consuming backend APIs, and implementing front-end code against new and actively-evolving backend systems;
● Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language;
● Experience with front-end state management architectures (such as Flux/Redux, Elm, or similar);
● Strong understanding and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated tests;
● Highly independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work;
● The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effective automated tests to deliver high-quality system improvements;
● An ability to effectively break down larger bodies of work for delivery as a series of small, self-contained changes to the system;
● BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience;
● Strong verbal and written English skills.
● Working with the team, design and implement new functionality for our web-based applications based on product objectives and requirements;
● Implement modern, performant front-end user interfaces for the Web using TypeScript on the React stack
● Assist product and design in the shaping of product features prior to implementation;
● Work closely with our design team to evolve and maintain our visual design system, and build user-facing interfaces that align to our design standards;
● Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as bugs and technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform;
● Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems.
● Long-term employment;
● Competitive compensation with regular performance-based salary and career
● 22 working days of vacation per year;
● 8 paid sick leave working days per year;
● Health insurance program;
● Flexible working hours;
● Sponsored company educational program, corporate library, Toastmasters club;
● Comfortable and cozy office or full time remote;
● Funny celebrations, team outings, and company events;
● A unique and friendly environment where everyone can explore and learn new technologies.