Come join us as we scale our retail and commerce loyalty platform! Stuzo is looking for a Senior NodeJS engineer on its expanding product engineering team as we build and grow our Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform.
Open Commerce is a technology suite that enables marketing professionals in the fuel & convenience industry to create real-time, hyper-personalized offers and customer interactions across a variety of channels (mobile, web, SMS, and in-person) to drive customer behavior toward a desired goal.
Our technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform. Our platform services and applications are built using a broad swath of technologies (Typescript, NodeJS, Ruby, React, and others), interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes (via EKS).
Stuzo has its headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (USA) and leverages a diverse distributed product engineering and operations team across the United States and Ukraine. Stuzo offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, as well as an engineering-friendly and product-centric culture. On Stuzo’s Open Commerce team, we embrace a deeply collaborative software product development process where engineering, design, and product collaborate to shape and ship new functionality.
Successful candidates will enjoy Stuzo’s friendly and flexible culture, and embrace our relentless drive to excellence and goal of providing the #1 retail marketing platform in the fuel & convenience industry and beyond.
- Working with the team, design and implement new functionality based on product objectives and requirements.
- Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as resolve bugs and execute technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform.
- Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems.
- Expand APIs and business logic, and as needed write or revise customer-facing API documentation.
- Work with our infrastructure team to enable and enhance highly-available, performant, and well-instrumented backend applications and services that run in our customer environments at substantial scale.
- Support operations and infrastructure teams for issue resolution on relevant Open Commerce applications or services running in production environments.
- Practical experience building systems in Node.js
- At least 8 years industry experience or equivalent
- Experience building and maintaining backend APIs, including design, implementation, evolution, and maintenance
- Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language
- Proficiency using both relational and non-relational database technologies
- Strong understanding and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing
- Basic knowledge Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with OAuth and JWT
- Some experience with front-end JS technologies, esp. React or Angular
- An ability to work in service-based architectures
- Highly independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work
- The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effective automated unit tests in order to deliver high-quality system improvements
- An ability to effectively break down larger bodies of work for delivery as a series of small, self-contained changes to the system
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience
- Experience with Nest.js and/or GraphQL
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries