We are looking for Senior Software Engineer (React) to join our team.
Open Commerce is a technology suite that enables marketing professionals in the fuel & convenience industry to create real-time, hyper-personalized offers and customer interactions across a variety of channels (mobile, web, SMS, and in-person) to drive customer behavior toward a desired goal.
Our technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform. Our platform services and applications are
built using a broad swath of technologies (Typescript, Node.js, Ruby, React, and others), interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes (via EKS).
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE:
– Your primary responsibility as a Senior Software Engineer on Stuzo’s expanding product engineering team is to build and grow our Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform. On the Open Commerce team, we embrace a deeply collaborative software product development process where engineering, design, and product collaborate to shape and ship new functionality.
– Design and implement new functionality based on product objectives and requirements.
– Build front-end user interfaces backed by REST or GraphQL APIs using TypeScript on the React stack.
– Work closely with our design team to evolve and maintain our visual design system, and build user-facing interfaces that align to our design standards.
– Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as resolve bugs and execute technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform.
– Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems.
– Work with our infrastructure team to enable and enhance highly-available, performant, and well-instrumented applications and services that run in our customer environments at substantial scale.
– Support operations and infrastructure teams for issue resolution on relevant Open Commerce applications or services running in production environments.
– At least 5 years of demonstrable industry experience or equivalent, at least 3 of which using React.
– Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language.
– Integrating with backend APIs, preferably using GraphQL and Apollo Client.
– Deep familiarity with web browsers as a platform, as well as markup, CSS, and the usability aspects of developing UIs for the web.
– Experience working with UI/UX design teams to create beautiful and useful applications.
– Experience with front-end state management architectures (such as Flux/Redux, Elm, or similar).
– The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effective automated tests to deliver high-quality system improvements.
– Experience in creating and maintaining technical documentation and UML diagrams.
– Highly independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work.
– BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience.
– Strong verbal and written English skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
– Experience with hybrid technologies, such as React Native, Ionic, PhoneGap / Cordova.
– Experience delivering native apps using App Store Connect / Google Play.
– Experience using Material UI or similar UI libraries.
– Strong understanding and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated tests.
– Demonstrable ability to work in and with service-based architectures.
– Experience working in distributed teams. Familiarity with highly collaborative software development methodologies, especially Agile (SCRUM).
– Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries, specifically in the areas of retail and loyalty.
● Long-term employment;
● Competitive compensation with regular performance-based salary and career development reviews;
● 22 working days of vacation per year;
● 8 paid sick leave working days per year;
● Health insurance program;
● Flexible working hours;
● Sponsored company educational program, corporate library;
● Full remote;
● Funny celebrations, team outings, and company events;
● A unique and friendly environment where everyone can explore and learn new technologies.