Who we are
Stuzo helps Everyday Spend Retailers Know and Activate™ more customers and data in real-time, leading to more visits, more gallons, and bigger baskets. Stuzo’s Open Commerce® product suite consists of: Activate for Intelligent 1:1 Loyalty, Transact for Contactless Commerce, and Experience for Modern Digital Storefronts. Stuzo’s managed software services empower retailers to operationalize programs powered by Open Commerce and bring to market custom loyalty, commerce, and mobile storefront solutions.
Come join us as we scale our retail and commerce loyalty platform! Stuzo is looking for a senior technology leader to take the helm of our growing Product Engineering team that works to power our Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform.
Stuzo’s Open Commerce Platform consists of a suite of products, including Activate, Transact, and Experience, each of which is built on top of Open Commerce’s flexible, extensible, modern digital infrastructure and are used to help retailers achieve greater speed and agility with deploying Intelligent 1:1 Loyalty, Contactless Commerce, and cross-channel Digital Storefront programs.
Our technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform. Our platform services and applications are built using a broad swath of technologies (Typescript, Node.js, Ruby, React, and others), interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes (via EKS).
Our Product Engineering team is responsible for the development, quality assurance, systems engineering, deployment and operation of our entire Open Commerce platform.
Stuzo has its headquarters in center city Philadelphia, and leverages a diverse distributed product engineering and operations team across the United States and Eastern Europe. Stuzo offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, as well as an engineering-friendly and product-centric culture. On Stuzo’s Open Commerce team, we embrace a deeply collaborative software product process where engineering, design, and product collaborate to shape and ship new functionality.
Successful candidates will enjoy Stuzo’s friendly and flexible culture, and embrace our relentless drive to excellence and goal of providing the #1 retail marketing platform in the fuel & convenience industry and beyond.
- Reporting to the COO, manage a cross-functional, semi-distributed Open Commerce team of approximately 20 engineers based domestically and in one of our Eastern Europe offices.
- Improve our predictable, repeatable, measurable, scalable Engineering Machine.
- Drive the implementation of all Product Engineering functionality with delivery on time, on budget, and with high quality.
- Create, improve, and implement processes for resource planning, and management of time and resources.
- Lead all recruiting efforts for the Product Engineering team.
- Coach and mentor engineers in a constant drive towards greater personal skill and excellence; grow and mature internal engineering leadership to continue to scale our operation.
- Build a strong team culture around an emphasis on cross-disciplinary collaboration and product-focused mentality.
- Represent Product Engineering to the rest of the company.
- Get involved with the code development process, deeply, when necessary, possibly helping with investigations of important technical issues.
- Oversee technical line managers on both application and infrastructure domains, and support a strong devops culture of observability, shared ownership of infrastructure, and operational excellence.
- In collaboration with the Product organization, participate in roadmap creation and contribute to the strategic direction of the company. Provide support in scoping and estimation activities, and collaborate on the definition of product improvements and features.
- Manage the development process, creating high-quality products using best practices and state-of-the-art technology.
- Manage operations staff and infrastructure keeping uptime and performance to an extremely high level in support of corporate and client goals.
- 10+ years as a leader in software development, preferably at a SaaS company
- Demonstrable experience managing effective geographically distributed teams building SaaS products, preferably US and Eastern Europe
- Strong interpersonal and people-management skills, coupled with excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience as a leader on a team operating highly-available, highly-scaled applications for enterprise customers
- Experience with service-oriented platform architectures
- Strong sensibility for “keeping it simple”, and an ability to manage systems complexity by utilizing the simplest tool for a given job
- Demonstrable past experience as a senior-level hands-on contributor, and deep knowledge of both general software engineering best practices, as well as specific expertise relevant to the technology stack in use on the Open Commerce platform
- Comfort and experience with interacting with internal senior management as well as counterparts in customer organizations
- Local to Stuzo HQ in center city Philadelphia, PA
- Experience in retail services or the fuel & convenience industry
- Exposure to and experience operating Kubernetes deployments at significant scale
- Expert-level experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers
More About Stuzo
At Stuzo, we share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. This means we only hire nice, bright, fun people who work hard by default, due to their motivation and passion for their craft.
Our credo is a simple one: heightened team chemistry drives competitive advantage. And we think we can excel the most if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, background, and culture as the millions of consumers who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
And while we’re headquartered in Philadelphia, we’re evolving to a “Flexible First” approach to work and do not see being in the office every day a requirement. Several of Stuzo’s Leaders (your future peers, we hope) are partially remote.
Stuzo is a certified Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE®).