Who We Are
Stuzo, with its Open Commerce® product suite and patent pending Wallet Steering® System, empowers Convenience & Fuel Retailers to gain more share of wallet and customer lifetime value than possible with any other solution provider. Stuzo’s unified Open Commerce product suite consists of: Activate for Intelligent 1:1 Loyalty, Transact for Contactless Commerce, and Experience for Cross-Channel Customer Experiences. Stuzo’s solutions are supported by a set of subscription-based program management services and are contractually backed by its 1.5X Performance Guarantee.
Why You’ll Love Working at Stuzo
Stuzo has a unique way of working that is grounded in what we call Team Chemistry. Team Chemistry happens when people with complementary aptitudes and skills collaborate to leverage each other’s strengths while supporting each other in the areas that come less natural and are harder for one team member than they are for another. Team Chemistry empowers us to combine our strengths together in a manner where we achieve multiples more together than we could individually.
What You’ll Do
- Before we get to what you’ll do, we want you to know that Stuzo competes on business outcomes and not product features and we back this up with a contractual guarantee.
- We sell into large enterprises that mostly still have feature and not business outcome based RFPs, so you can imagine that our job is to bring to market products that outpace our competition by a large margin on delivering tangible business outcomes.
- Every conversation starts with what business outcome will this deliver for our customers and our business and does it further empower our strategic pillars. We feel that this context is important because it shapes how we and you will work.
- We’ve reimagined and integrated loyalty, commerce, and digital/mobile experience into what we call Wallet Steering with our Wallet Steering SaaS bundle. Wallet Steering is programmatically and profitably steering Share of Wallet from one company to another, one product to another, or one payment tender to another.
- In your role you will collaborate closely with our CEO and customer facing teams to develop our product strategy, product roadmap, and how we evolve our core platform. You will lead, manage, and grow our team of Product Managers.
- The VP Product should have a demonstrated history of defining, incubating, launching, and scaling SaaS solutions for retail, ideally at the intersection of loyalty, commerce, and digital/mobile experience, and most importantly solutions that deliver actual business outcomes.
- Bonus points for you if you’ve developed solutions that have tangably increased Share of Wallet and Customer Lifetime Value.
Your Specific Responsibilities
- You will be leading a team of Product Managers that support Stuzo’s Wallet Steering SaaS product suite.
- You will own the evolution of our core platform, which powers the services of our products.
- You will be responsible for managing the full product lifecycle: writing specifications, working across diverse teams (design, UX, delivery, engineering) to launch features and develop new products, and analyzing the impact of those releases.
- You will partner with your Leadership Team peers to analyze the impact of features on the business outcomes that our customers care about most to provide recommendations affecting future iterations.
- You will establish KPI goals for our Wallet Steering product suite that empower operational excellence and guide our future feature development.
- You will exhibit the ability to form product strategy that is in direct aligns our strategic pillars and the business outcomes that our customers care about most.
- You will implement a data-driven culture of hypothesis, implementation, testing, validation, and iteration
- You will regularly engage customers in support of selling new product offerings and understanding emerging market needs to create additional product offerings that drive the tangible business outcomes that our customers and we care about most.
- You will collaborate closely with Customer Success to gain adoption of and hit annual bookings & revenue targets for newly developed products or product add-ons.
- As a senior leader and play an active leadership role supporting the broader business.
Experience & Skills You’ll Need
- You are a proven leader with 5+ years’ experience in product management, having taken multiple enterprise-class SaaS software or ML products from idea through incubation to successful commercialization.
- You are a customer-centric, creative, entrepreneurial leader who can engage with customers to develop new product ideas, use cases, value propositions, co-development partnerships.
- You have aptitude for and love creating fun, compelling and engaging user experiences.
- You have a deep understanding of (or the urge to quickly learn) the business, process and technology requirements of small format retailers with hundreds and thousands of retail locations.
- You have up-to-date knowledge of today’s AI/ML, software and cloud infrastructure technology.
- You can create wire-frames and product specifications.
- You have project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff.
- BA/BS, quantitative or technical degree (math, economics, engineering, or finance), MBA preferred
You’re a perfect fit for our culture if you:
- Exemplify and coach high standards by doing. You philosophically believe that you as a leader have only the right to ask for what you exemplify. You set the bar and ceiling for the standard of execution from your team across the domains that you are leading.
- Care more and prepare more than the rest. Caring and preparing are at the core of how we operate the business at Stuzo, whether it’s caring for our team, or our customers, we show our care by always being there and prepared.
- Are self-aware and mindful of your natural tendencies. Achieving optimal Team Chemistry requires us to understand ourselves, what’s naturally easy and harder for us, how we react and stay cool under pressure, and how we best interact with team members.
- Lead with and are shining examples of vulnerability. We align with Brene Brown in that vulnerability is our greatest measure of courage. You embody sharing what does not come natural and what is harder for you openly and broadly and you hold space for and celebrate your team when they are vulnerable with you.
- Have a ‘true start-up mindset that is hands-on, excel at an extremely fast pace, find creative ways to get things done, and operate in a manner where ideas and progress to goal matter more than organizational hierarchy.
- Are a bit of a change agent, able to quickly identify opportunities, inspire support, and rapidly execute.
- An excellent communicator. We are constantly striving to do a better job of moving fast while keeping everyone in the loop with as little burden on the listeners as possible.
- Strategic but tactical. This is a job entrenched in execution and measurable results.
- Driven and results-oriented. This role isn’t for the faint of heart. There are a lot of new and moving parts and pieces and we have big plans. We are building the Chicago Bulls of business (see The Last Dance) – a championship caliber team that consistently outperforms the competition.
- Adaptable and disciplined. We have some unique quirks but luckily most of our challenges are the usual ones. We’d love a leader who has their own experiences that can be married with ours to develop systems and ways of working that work best for us.
- Fun to work with. We take the work seriously but still try to surround ourselves with interesting, interested humans with great senses of humor.
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. Our credo is a simple one: heightened team chemistry drives competitive advantage. And we think we can excel the most if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the millions of consumers who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin. And while we’re headquartered in Philadelphia, we have a “Remote First” approach to work and do not see being in the office or living in the Philadelphia area as a requirement. Several of Stuzo’s Senior Leaders (your future peers, we hope) are fully remote.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.