VP, Technology & Delivery
Center City Philadelphia
WHO WE ARE
Stuzo is a leading provider of personalized and predictive commerce solutions for retailers, powered by software products, software services, and insights platforms. Stuzo’s services include digital product strategy, product design, and product engineering. Stuzo’s core product offering, Open CommerceSM, is an enterprise grade cloud-based platform to empower rapid delivery and real-time operationalization of Digital Services and Experiences.
In this important Stuzo Leadership Team role, you’ll work closely with our clients, product managers, technical project managers, lead engineers/architects and Stuzo Executive Management to deliver digital product solutions for Global Fortune 100 customers, lead complex engineering challenges, and deliver innovative solutions.
- Resourcing: Plan for and execute optimal product delivery resource utilization. Figure out how to best align and leverage Stuzo’s resources to deliver digital product innovation with maximum efficiency. Allocate workload across Delivery team and collaborate with Stuzo Product and Open Commerce team for implementations.
- Direct Report Management: Directly manage Stuzo Technical Project Managers, Associate Project Managers, and Delivery Managers to build and execute digital product delivery plans. Collaborate with Stuzo Product Management to understand project requirements, product roadmaps and timelines. Work with direct reports on improvement, knowledge sharing, and continuous education to strengthen and mature the team while encouraging communication and cooperation. Report to CEO and leadership on team performance and talent. Work directly with CEO and leadership on growth, recruitment, hiring, training and firing of talent.
- Process: Maintain and improve upon Stuzo’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) documentation and training in close coordination with Stuzo Product. Define and implement team-wide project and engineering management processes and metrics with a continuous feedback loop built on retrospection and iteration.
- Client/Vendor Management: Confer with clients about technical goals and strategy to inform product delivery requirements. Evaluate and communicate with vendors about services, delivery status and fees.
- Architecture: Coordinate with Stuzo Product team, Engineering/Architects, and CTO to architect, design, and deliver world class high availability infrastructure for Stuzo digital products. Provide technical support and knowledge to Product Managers and Project Managers for client interactions.
- QA: Enact quality assurances procedures and continuous integration practices to prevent and resolve digital product innovation delivery challenges in close coordination with Stuzo engineering. Design control systems to coordinate activities, production planning, release management, and change management in order to ensure that Stuzo’s digital product innovation services meet optimal quality standards. Effectively resolve any issues and solve problems throughout an engineering lifecycle end-to-end. Formalize QA practices across organization.
- PCI DSS Level 1 Compliance Management: Stuzo’s product, Open Commerce, is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified compliant platform. The initial compliance is complete, however this role will maintain PCI compliance through quarterly, bi-annual, and annual compliance activities, including management of Stuzo’s Cybersecurity Program, Disaster Response Program, Security Awareness Training Program, and other associated PCI activities.
- Performance Measurement: Be accountable for the performance and outcomes of the engineering side of the Delivery department. Standardize internal and client facing reporting processes, tooling, and documentation.
- Internal Communication: Foster an open, transparent, and collaborative work environment between Product Management, Account Services, and Business Development at Stuzo. Communicate team goals, engineering strategy, project statuses and outputs across business groups and with management personnel.
- Thought Leadership and Learning: Bring thought leadership to help Delivery and engineering adapt to changes in technology and new market opportunities. Build and maintain technical and market knowledge while keeping abreast of industry trends and new technologies.
- Estimation: Assist prospect and client facing teams with estimation and join in proposal presentations as needed to build confidence in Stuzo’s engineering and delivery capabilities.
- Instill confidence in Stuzo’s delivery, engineering, and technology capabilities with prospective and current clients.
- Travel to client sites as needed for critical milestones (such as kickoff meetings, product UAT initiation, etc.).
- Align with Business Development to support aggressive growth.
- Travel to/from Stuzo’s Eastern European offices (~1x/year).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years of experience in process engineering, project management of digital products, mobile apps, or systems integration.
- Experience with web & native app technology stacks and platforms.
- Experience delivering mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Experience with agile (scrum/kanban) development methodologies.
- Experience with waterfall project management methodologies.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be a risk assassin when it comes to client management, project scope, timeline, milestones, and vendor management.
- Be a detail-oriented self-starter, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize your time, coordinate several busy managers and executives, and stay calm, cool, and collected.
- Be passionate about digital products, mobile, and emerging technologies.
- You are a doer, not a teller.
- You are a lifelong learner.
- You will be additive to company culture.
- You are experienced but clearly understand where you need to improve and how you’ll improve.
- You are highly motivated to advance and have a track record of doing so.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Competitive base salary, 100% free Healthcare plan, free Friday catered lunches, flexible work arrangements, ongoing education, and more.
Please share with us, along with your resume:
- A brief cover letter explaining why you think you’re a great fit for this role
- Your desired salary range
Please submit using the link below.