VP Technology & Engineering
Center City Philadelphia
WHO WE ARE
Stuzo is the leading provider of personalized, frictionless commerce technology solutions for everyday spend category retailers, powered by its Open Commerce™ Platform, best-in-class partner integrations, professional and engineering services, and insights. Stuzo’s services include Open Commerce implementation and operationalization, digital/mobile product strategy, product design, and product engineering.
In this important Stuzo Leadership Team role, you’ll work closely with our customers, product managers, technical project managers, lead engineers/architects and your peer Leadership team at Stuzo to deliver digital commerce solutions for Global Fortune 100 customers, lead complex engineering challenges, and be responsible for company-wide technology and engineering.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
You’ll be working day to day alongside some of the brightest minds in the mobile and omnichannel retail commerce industry, designing and building some of the most innovative new connected commerce experience in market. On any given day, you’ll be found:
- Attending and leading strategic technology and engineering planning meetings with department leads.
- Attending and leading strategic technology and engineering planning meetings with customers.
- Mentoring, coaching, and up-leveling your team of key Architects, Engineers, and more.
- Adding to and further shaping a culture of excellence in Engineering across the organization.
- Collaborating with Stuzo Product Management to understand product engineering requirements and guide/inform technology and engineering strategy across Stuzo’s internal Open Commerce™ Platform and Stuzo’s customer mobile/omnichannel commerce solutions.
- Collaborating with Stuzo Product Management, Engineering/Architects, and CTO to architect, design, and deliver world class high availability cloud-based infrastructure for Stuzo digital commerce solutions.
- As a SME and internal consultant, providing technical support and knowledge to Product Managers and Technical Project Managers for customer interactions.
- Putting measures in place, optimizing, and holding your team accountable for the performance and outcomes of the engineering side of the Delivery and Product departments.
- Bringing thought leadership to help Delivery and engineering adapt to changes in technology and new market opportunities.
- Building and maintaining technical and market knowledge while keeping abreast of industry trends and new technologies.
- Assisting sales and account services with estimation and join in proposal presentations as needed to build confidence in Stuzo’s engineering and technology capabilities.
- This role is ~80% management and 20% individual contributor.
- Your total size of the team under management of yourself and your subordinate leaders will be in the range of ~30 (and growing) across disciplines including architects, engineers, devops, and other associated engineering positions.
- This role in relation to our CTO should be thought of as “partner in crime” where our CTO has primary responsibility for long-term product roadmap and strategy and this role has primary day to day engineering department management responsibility.
- You’ll travel to customer sites periodically for critical milestones and will travel to/from Stuzo’s European offices (~2x/year).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 7+ years of experience in mobile apps (preference for commerce), systems integration, commerce middleware, and engineering team leadership.
- Experience with native iOS and Android technology stacks and platforms and full stack web platforms.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be a risk assassin when it comes to long-term architectural and technology decisions, engineering team dynamics, and general technology business risk.
- Be a detail-oriented self-starter, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize your time, coordinate several busy managers and executives, and stay calm, cool, and collected in a fast-moving growth stage company.
- Be passionate about digital products, mobile, and emerging technologies.
- A skilled leader.
- One who leads by example.
- A lifelong learner.
- Additive to company culture.
- Experienced but clearly understand where you need to improve and how you’ll improve.
- Highly motivated to advance and have a track record of doing so.
- Default aggressive while always looking to mitigate risk.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Comparative base salary, 100% free Healthcare plan, free Friday catered lunches, flexible work arrangements, ongoing education, and more.
Please share with us, along with your resume:
- A brief cover letter explaining why you think you’re a great fit for this role
- Your desired salary range
Please send the above via email to email@example.com and please, no phone calls or solicitations from recruiters.