LOCATION: Remote (US)
Who We Are
Stuzo, with its Open Commerce® product bundle and patent pending Wallet Steering® solution, empowers retailers to gain more share of wallet and customer lifetime value than possible with any other solution provider.
What you’ll do
Your primary responsibility as a Senior Software Engineer on Stuzo’s expanding product engineering team is to build and grow our Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform. On the Open Commerce team, we embrace a deeply collaborative software product development process where engineering, design, and product collaborate to shape and ship new functionality.
Responsibilities + Activities
- Design and implement new functionality based on product objectives and requirements.
- Build front-end user interfaces backed by REST or GraphQL APIs using TypeScript on the React stack.
- Work closely with our design team to evolve and maintain our visual design system, and build user-facing interfaces that align to our design standards.
- Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as resolve bugs and execute technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform.
- Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems.
- Work with our infrastructure team to enable and enhance highly-available, performant, and well-instrumented applications and services that run in our customer environments at substantial scale.
- Support operations and infrastructure teams for issue resolution on relevant Open Commerce applications or services running in production environments.
Experience & Skills You’ll Need
- At least 5 years of demonstrable industry experience or equivalent, at least 3 of which using React.
- Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language.
- Integrating with backend APIs, preferably using GraphQL and Apollo Client.
- Deep familiarity with web browsers as a platform, as well as markup, CSS, and the usability aspects of developing UIs for the web.
- Experience working with UI/UX design teams to create beautiful and useful applications.
- Experience with front-end state management architectures (such as Flux/Redux, Elm, or similar).
- The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effective automated tests to deliver high-quality system improvements.
- Experience in creating and maintaining technical documentation and UML diagrams.
- Highly independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
Bonus Points (or Nice To Haves)
- Experience with hybrid technologies, such as React Native, Ionic, PhoneGap / Cordova.
- Experience delivering native apps using App Store Connect / Google Play.
- Experience using Material UI or similar UI libraries.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated tests.
- Demonstrable ability to work in and with service-based architectures.
- Experience working in distributed teams. Familiarity with highly collaborative software development methodologies, especially Agile (SCRUM).
- Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries, specifically in the areas of retail and loyalty.
Why You’ll Love Working at Stuzo
Stuzo has a unique way of working that is grounded in what we call Team Chemistry. Team Chemistry happens when people with complementary aptitudes and skills collaborate to leverage each other’s strengths while supporting each other in the areas that are harder for one team member than they are for another. Team Chemistry empowers us to combine our strengths together in a manner where we achieve multiples more together than we could individually.
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: heightened team chemistry drives competitive advantage. And we think we can excel the most if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the millions of consumers who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin. And while we’re headquartered in Philadelphia, we have a “Remote First” approach to work and do not see being in the office or living in the Philadelphia area as a requirement. Several of Stuzo’s Senior Leaders (your future peers, we hope) are fully remote.